Skip to main content

Reply to "NEWS"

Infielddad, I am not disagreeing with you. I fully understand where you are coming from and agree. There are a ton of things that are overblown, IMO. My only point was that I felt bad for the player who was affected and his family to some extent. Although we as adults, are able to put these things into perspective and know the ups and downs that go with the journey of baseball, most 17 year old kids do not. Being disappointed to this extent in front of other students had to be gut wrenching I'm sure. Fortunately, I don't have a dog in this hunt. But, I cannot help but feel for these kids.

Fanofgame, fortunately it was not my son that was involved. But I agree with you as well that these kids who committed early will have the opportunity to explore other options.

This is just one more example of how researching this process through wonderful sites like HSBBW are so helpful. Perhaps this thread will be visited by many and will be filed away in their memory banks when they are going through the recruiting process.

Do any of you have any opinions as to why these kids were not notified earlier assuming that the school's administration was aware of this prior to yesterday? Was it to protect the current roster from bailing? Just curious.