Skip to main content

Reply to "Next Step"

quote:
Originally posted by ANT09DAD:
Well son had his last high school game yesterday. Of course like the rest of the teams except for the state champ his high school career ended with a loss. Was it tough to watch him and his other senior friends embracing the coaches and underclass teammates as they left the field, you bet it was ! Maybe even harder knowing that he didn't have a "great" year.

Excuse me if I break the rule and boast a bit though. My son is a catcher. He played this whole year with a torn labrum which will be repaired with surgery next month. You might ask why he played instead of getting it taken care of sooner. It's simple really. It was his senior year. He wanted to be out there with his teammates. He didn't want to let them down. His arm hurt everyday but he did what he could to help his team. The very first game he threw out the first two runners that tried to steal. I thought there is no way he is going to finish the year, especially after he caught my eye in the stands and I could see that it was hurting. He not only finished the yer but he threw out a good % of the runners who tried to steal.

Obviously I am extremely proud of him and I will take my pounding from those here that will get on me. He will have his surgery next month and then start rehabbing. He is moving on to college and hopefully with some hard work he will be able to help his team his freshman year.

Good luck to all who are taking the next step.

What TravelDad has told me about your son, we'd all be proud of your son; irregardless of the quality of his season. He's a winner. Good luck.