Skip to main content

Reply to "Next steps to take in looking for a college team?"

Originally Posted by BOF:

You say coaches have said you can "pitch at the D2 level" and you want to have an "impact on the team you play for", these seem a bit in conflict. My son plays at the D3 level and all of the impact pitchers frankly are capable of playing and would likely have an impact at the D1 level, (granted it is one of the top teams, but still the point still holds) so like RJM pointed out you need to find someone really interested in you, since there is such a wide range of capabilities at the DII and DIII level. For this you have to be seen by them and he in touch with them. If you are still playing make sure you get some good in game video, and be aggressive reaching out and use your summer team coaches to help you.

Good Luck.

Hi BOF, thank you for the reply. I hope to be able to do all the things you have suggested I should do to reach out to coaches. I hope my summer coaches will help me and I will be aggressive and market myself into hopefully landing a spot on a roster. I know my situation really is unique and unusual, but I'm still willing to play against the odds and hope for success. Thanks!