Skip to main content

Reply to "NH Legion"

Originally Posted by LJ Sandwich:
Originally Posted by 9and7dad:

Northeast is a fine organization, no doubt.  So are the New England Ruffnecks.  East Cobb has a program in New England as well.  Notheast's commit list is long partially due to the sheer volume of players that are in the program.  They run several teams at the upper ages.  All three organizations play in top tourneys including PG at East Cobb.  I'm sure all work hard to get their players properly placed where they can be successful both academically and athletically.  The Ruffnecks are also part of Premier which plays in Missouri and gives good exposure more towards the Midwest if that's important to you. 

I don't get your point.  Scott is happy to pick up kids from all over the country to get them exposure if they are legit.  I know the roughnecks have been to East Cobb but they clearly don't have the history that NE baseball does. I'm not shitting on them, just don't get your angle.

My angle is pretty simple.  Northeast is a great organization.  However, there are plenty of "legit" kids playing in a few places in New England, and they are getting placed in the top conferences.  Perfect Game has East Cobb New England in their Top 80 17u programs.   The only other northern team was Syracuse Sports Zone.  Mikes point about The Show is good as well.  Since you mention the Ruffnecks, they go back about 8 years and have placed kids in every top conference, including the ACC and SEC last year.  A lot of high academics in that list too including quite a few Ivy's.  I believe they have had about 10 kids drafted.  I think that is sufficient history.

i'm glad you had a good experience with Northeast.  I think they are great, and do great things for their kids.  However, they don't play in more or better tourneys than any of the others I've mentioned.  Yes, their list of alum is long and impressive, it should be with 3 17 teams and an 18 team.  That's a lot of kids to give attention to when most programs focus on one team of kids at that level.