Skip to main content

Reply to "Nike and Adidas Catchers Gear"

"Better" = quality is greater. Will last you longer. I'd rather pay $200 annually than $120 twice a year for legs, for instance. I would go with any of the All-Star gear (doesn't have to be Series 7/Axis) or Mizuno. Wilson also makes a solid set, but are harder to find. Rest are meh. They'll work for the short term.

Look on eBay for used equipment, you can often find some item there that work. Also, make sure you're getting the right size for everything. Intermediate and adult are the two "normal" sizes you'll see, but if you have long legs, you may end up needing XL legs, which are harder to find.

And I agree with previous comments on the mask. Get the hockey one and roll with that. They aren't that hot, and they do a better job of protecting your noggin (which is what's going to get you into college). The day you take a backswing into your ear, you'll be happy you're wearing it.

Also, if you are tall (over 6 feet) with long legs (16.5 from mid-knee to ankle bone), PM me. I have a full used Wilson XL set that I'd be happy to sell you cheap to get you going. Could even break it apart if you want.