Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA covid eligibility waiver Spring 2021"

The NCAA has created a huge problem for college baseball by making an idiotic ruling - not once but twice!  The very best players are not negatively affected as they hardly ever are. It’s the other 75% or so that are. When Covid hit in 2020 and the NCAA granted an additional year of eligibility for all spring sport athletes I said then that it would be a cluster#*$& for years to come. Some disagreed with me then but the reality is becoming obvious to all involved. The truth is that it’s now harder than ever for a HS player (who isn’t a top 20% talent) to make a college roster and get playing time. And that’s going to continue for a few more years. PitchingFan is right that a “woe is me” outlook about it won’t get you anywhere. It sucks, but it is what it is at this point. So worry about the things you can control. Understand that the target you had before Covid may not be attainable anymore. My suggestion for most is to revise your game plan. This should begin with a very honest conversation with your son, and after that develop a plan based on how that conversation goes. One thing for sure is that if you blindly continue with business as usual you will almost surely end up being disappointed.