Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA covid eligibility waiver Spring 2021"

@baseballhs posted:

I agree it is perspective, but I think you don’t mind it because your son got a year….

I don't mind it because it was equal to everyone at the same time.  I don't think the free year was near as detrimental to anyone as the transfer rule will be.  The extra year just moved everyone back one year.  My son's goal of being drafted did not change and his time to play really probably did not change because he is out of state and he should get his masters if he stays for four years.  Very few will stay for five years if they are not gonna get drafted so the having to play 25 year olds is still the rare occurrence.  Son's school does not have a load of extra year guys.  1 pitcher and 1 fielder who were both redshirt guys at one point.  Both who have degrees in aerospace engineering.  Both working on master's degrees.

The transfer rule causes you not to be able to do research anymore.  When son walks in on Monday of next week, there could be a new player who is transferring in that was not there at the end of fall ball and the same with next school year.  The transfer rule is the one that will impact baseball far greater than the extra year rule.  No way you can know who will be there when you get there or when you get back.  You can't look at the roster from last year and know what it will look like next year or even next semester.