Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA covid eligibility waiver Spring 2021"

I said everyone in college in 2020 got equal not everyone.  Would love to see where you got the 65% of fifth year baseball players came back in 2021 from that had used 4 years of eligibility already?  That is incredibly higher than the % that I have read.  The articles I have found say it was closer to 10-15% which I still think is high from the players I know.  I know very few players of the many I follow that used 5 years of eligibility in 2021 with none being redshirt years.

Again, I have always said it is a problem in perspective.  Each person involved sees the problem according to how it affects them, their perspective.  I know 2019 grads who were supposed to fill a spot and the draft did not go as big as planned so they did not have a spot to fill at P5's that see it as a big problem.  I see players who were supposed to follow someone who got an extra year to stay their fourth year with negotiating power as feeling lied to.  It is all in perspective.  The NCAA did what they thought helped the current players rather than looking to how it hurt the future players.  Current players were pleased, most, and future players are frustrated.  Again, it is a culmination of extra year, transfer players, and mlb draft.  All of it comes together but you have to deal with life as it comes to you.  I don't see it as lack of compassion it is just some people deal with life as it comes and some let life control them and look for excuses.  I'm more of a deal with it and move on kind of guy.  God had a plan before you had a problem was my sermon title last week.  I don't have to like his plan or my problems to trust Him.