Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA covid eligibility waiver Spring 2021"

To be fair, 65% is not something I read anywhere.  It's a ballpark figure based on rosters I looked at at the time and things I read here, actually.  Maybe it's not that high.  Probably a good thread to get going here.  I absolutely could be off base, but everything I absorbed made it look much closer to 65% than 10%.  9ish out of 10 college baseball seniors just hung up their cleats and entered the workforce after the 2020 season?  I don't know, man.  I'll keep an open mind to that possibility, but let's hear what others have to say.  @CollegebaseballInsights are you able to help at all with this?

I can absolutely appreciate sucking it up and moving forward.  That's exactly what we did with my son.  He had some legit D1 interest who had asked for his 2020 spring schedule (high school junior) and were wanting to come out to see him, but that never happened.  The most important season of his recruiting journey was eliminated.  What he and his peers lost was foundational to what the next 5-6 years of his "career" were supposed be built on.  Without that foundation, he was forced to build a completely new house.  On a completely different piece of land.  And instead of having a year or 2 to put his plan together (like he did with his initial plan), he had weeks.  And handcuffs that didn't exist before.  We really didn't spend much time at all lamenting the situation.  We couldn't.  Went right back to work and made the most of the time and resources available - which were both very limited.  He did find a good home.  He was the first 2021 Juco commit in our state, but then we had to sit back and watch so many of his peers flail and struggle.  And be continually taunted by the NCAA pushing out the dead period 30 days at a time.  Had a front row seat to a good deal of pain for his peers.  I will never forget that.