Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA covid eligibility waiver Spring 2021"

@nycdad posted:

What help did 2020s get? 2020s missed their senior HS season and showed up on campus in the fall.

Uh, they actually got to show up on a college campus with baseball jerseys waiting for them.  Less 2021s and 2022s can say that.  For any 2020s that went the Juco route, they all got a free year of Juco practice, training and games.  Just like my 2021, 2020 Jucos are freshmen right now.  I'm not arguing that everyone didn't lose something, but if I could go back and magically have my son be a 2020 HS grad instead of a 2021, absolutely we're doing that.  Which would you choose if given the choice?  Be a 2020 grad or a 2021?  To each their own, but I can't imagine many college ball players would prefer to play their HS senior season over their freshman year of college.  My son had a nice time playing his senior year, but he loves being a college freshman ball player 10 fold over that.  Easy.   His senior year was fun, but his junior year of HS that he lost was earmarked to be critical to the next 5+ years of his life.  His senior season was mostly fun but actually mattered very little.   

Last edited by DanJ