Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA Ruling - What The Coaches Are Saying!"

When the dead period was getting extended in the Spring/Summer, it was a no brainer that student/athletes who didn't make a verbal commitment before Covid, then their choices would be a D3, NAIA, or a JUCO.  All 3 of these levels are going to be better than they were before because they are going to get more talent that hasn't been seen/evaluated or that they couldn't touch.  It is pretty scary that this year will not count towards eligibility and what it will do to roster sizes.  I know that people commented on the draft, 4 year schools, etc. but my worst fear is that there won't be any room for some of these student/athletes.  For example, do we know how many rounds the MLB draft will have next year?  Also, with the reduction of Minor League teams, this will have an effect as well.  This is going to be a rough stretch for 2020s, 2021s, 2022s - I hope that they can fulfill their dreams of playing college baseball (4, 5, or 6 years) while getting their education.  I am fearful that it will be a numbers game and some student/athletes will be forced to just be a student in my opinion.