Skip to main content

Reply to "NJCAA Ruling - What The Coaches Are Saying!"

@PitchingFan posted:

I think that TPM is onto something.  There are so many guys testing positive and we are wondering how many are true positives and how many are false positives.  Rumor has it that they will start testing over in January so even if you were positive in the fall you will have to start testing again in January.  Plus many are still making you quarantine even if you have tested positive so unless they are going to redo rooming in January if your roommate/apartment mate tests positive then you are out for 14 days.  That means that you may lose 4 or 6 guys for two weeks which could greatly change a season.  Plus if they have been around many guys then you could lose more.  The problem is a lot of pitchers room together so if you lose 6 pitchers for two weeks you are definitely going to need a lot more guys.  I know coaches are even thinking now how to make the spring work so they don't lose a large group of guys at one time.  Some are talking about making sure only certain players are around each other in the spring so that if you lose a player you don't lose all your pitchers or middle infielders.  It will be interesting.  So understand it can greatly affect a team.  There are football teams in Mississippi that missed so many games they are not eligible for the playoffs when they only had to play 6 of 10 games but they will only get 5 games in due to quarantining.

Thanks for helping to clarify my position on comments about purging.  The virus certainly isn't going to go away, and if a player has had mild COVID, there is no guarantee you won't get it again.