Skip to main content

Reply to "NLI Date - November ??, 2021"

@Francis7 posted:

@PABaseball

It's basically a math equation.

Would you go to a D1 school with a baseball program that barely cracks the Top 200 and costs $60K a year if they were willing to give you a 50% scholarship for baseball?

Would you go to a D2 school with a baseball program that's always on the Top 20 and is an annual contender for a championship and costs $30k a year and they were willing to give you considerable money for them?

Is going D1 worth paying more for school and playing with little chance for a championship experience?

That is a personal decision, neither is necessarily right or wrong. Only the player and the check writer are in a position to make that decision. That being said, a 50% offer is still very good, the coaches don't have any say over the tuition unfortunately.

Some would rather play D1. I personally don't care too much to be honest. I sat them down and told them to narrow it down to 3-5 schools regardless of level, scholarship amount, and cost because I'd rather it cost more than them attend a school they don't really like.

I then said this is when you're probably going to get on the field, this is how much it's going to cost. This is how much you're going to owe when it's over. This is how far away it is from home. And this is who you're going to be playing. I then listed the pros and cons of each and let them make their own decision from there.