Skip to main content

Reply to "NLI Date - November ??, 2021"

@Francis7 posted:

@TPM

Absolutely ZERO second thoughts.  It’s actually, the opposite.  He committed 9 months ago and with each passing month, there’s been more and more instances of validation that he made the right choice.  From both an academic and baseball perspective, it’s the right fit for him.  Was he pressured?  From us, the school and the coach, there was zero pressure.  To be candid, while they never came out and said it, I think his travel organization was a little disappointed (for lack of a better word) and tried to get him to wait more, think longer, etc. because he went D2 and not D1.  There’s a part of me that thinks MAYBE (?) they wanted him to go D1 because it’s better advertising for them.  But, again, being honest, while the D1 schools he was talking to were all fine and an honor for those who attend them, his choice was just a better fit for him in so many other ways – again, in terms of the school AND the baseball program.  The only concern will be the adjustment to college.  His elementary school and middle school are next two each other and less than a mile from our house.  He walked there in minutes.  The High School is less than 3 miles away and is a seven minute drive from the house.  The college is 160 miles and 3 hours away.  He’s never been out on his own and that far away from home for an extended time.  That’s going to be the adjustment.  But, that was going to happen with any school and it’s an adjustment that A LOT of kids have to make going into college.  My only real fear now is making sure that he looks up and smiles when he signs.  I don’t need a picture of the top of his baseball cap where you can’t see his face.

I'm sure he'll be ok.  It's not like he'll be doing this "alone". @Francis7 will be with him in spirit, worrying about anything and everything 100% of the time. It's a joke, don't take it seriously...........