Skip to main content

Reply to "no playing time"

RJM posted:

When I look back at my son's high school conference I believe all the team's coaches knew their stuff. This is from a watching them coach games perspective. There was one I didn't think too much of as a person based on his game day behavior. One of my travel player's dads told me I was right about him as a person.

So what is worse? A high school coach who isn't a quality baseball guy or isn't a quality human being? Personally I wouldn't want my kids around poor role models in high school. 

It's not as clear cut as quality human being or quality baseball guy.  Even the best human being, when in over their head because they are clueless, can turn into a clearly frustrated human being.

Head Coach former D1 guy, has a plan, knows his people.

JV coach, hired this year because they needed someone from the district and he said he played baseball back in high school, the guy was about 50. While he did stay the complete season he made it clear about 3 weeks before it ended (season was 6 weeks long) that he wouldn't be back next year.  4-21 was the JV record this year. Varsity made it to the state championship game.