Skip to main content

Reply to "No sports for Bowdoin until 2021"

What a pickle we are all in.  My senior's school is going to switch to quarters (from semesters) and have a rotation of students on campus. Not super clear how they are going to handle kids that live in a house next to campus (my son is in that group).  My Daughter's big state school is welcoming everyone back to campus but half her classes are online and the other half are in person.  She's moving into her sorority house in August and rush will be done both virtually and in person.  She will end the semester at Thanksgiving time and not go back until Feb - online finals.

Talked to my son about a gap year and he said no unless all his friends and teammates also take the year off...  Can't blame him. So we are going to muddle through. The administration is talking about spring sports happening but fall are in question.  However we think the baseball season will be about 20-25 games and not 30 -- with no Spring Break trip.  Just really want his last year of baseball to happen.  He (and I'd) be so disappointed if this is how he is forced to hang up his cleats.