Skip to main content

Reply to "No sports for Bowdoin until 2021"

Been away a little while, but I have a question about the above post.  Holy Cross is requiring parents to take infected kids back home?  That's a recipe for spreading the virus to new places (and to the parent who drives their kid).  I thought all schools inviting students back to campus were planning to offer some kind of quarantined housing for anyone who tests positive or is directly exposed.  

Unfortunately, that is correct.  If you live within 250 miles of the campus and your child tests positive for Covid you have 24 hours to get them off campus.   They will make accommodations for those that have at risk people living in their home. Initially Holy Cross said any positive student would be quarantined on campus but when the official policy came out this past weekend they switched it to the 250 mile rule.  If my son gets it his college will put him in a single with a full bath and a kitchen and assign someone to watch him!  I think Holy Cross is a great school but I am struggling with some of their decisions but I will grant that these are unprecedented times.