Skip to main content

Reply to "non baseball memories"

Tears…laughs…heartstrings…This is great!

OK, CD you’ve made me feel beholding…

Let’s see now…what memories can I add … Preachers, teachers, farmers and Missionaries?…Riyadh, Miami, and Maui?...Alzheimer’s, alcoholism and life-flights?...The Armenian Genocide and the Boxer Rebellion?... Chicago, Santa Fe, San Diego…6 1/2 current Step siblings, 3 former step mom’s, 4 former step siblings?...The tanker captain and the U-boat ace?...Vegas, Malibu, Kauai?...Beauty, intelligence, and the value of a great gene pool?...John Phillip Sousa, Johan Adams and Tubas?...Clint Eastwood, John Denver and Jerry Yang (Yahoo)?...Miscarriages, cancer and heart disease?…Navy seals, decorated CHP’s and Korean war heroes?...Sinking ships, sandstorms, and floods?...King Abdullah, Ambassador Cutler and Chop-Chop square?…Teaching, coaching and giving?...Disc drives, billionaires and the “baseball scratch”?...Tropical South Pacific Islands and Frozen Mountaintops?...Magic, epiphany, paradise, and tons of love?…

Nah…Good story, but you’d never believe it…

What you WOULD believe is that (without going into specific memories)…

… like It’s… I can say that pure and simple that beyond Family (sometimes very ragged), love, community, and an unshakable but often challenged belief in the goodness of humanity…Sports have always been our glue. As far back as I can remember me and mine have always walked through the world as athletes. It is how we have defined ourselves and our world. Sports have been our expression, our teacher, our occupation, our art, and our legacy. It is how we relate to each other it is how we talk, it is how we bond, it is how we come of age, it is how we share, and it is what we share. In time of great stress and struggle, through disaster and death sports have been our comfort and our escape.

A great deal like the rest of you I would suspect…

Cool 44
Last edited by observer44