Skip to main content

Reply to "Noncommited 23's"

Last weekend in the St. Louis area 2024 was playing for the first time since July, and there were a number of colleges in attendance scouting players. I personally saw one D1 school, a couple of D2's, several D3's, 2 JUCO's, and no NAIA's at our games. This tournament was spread over several colleges, a minor league park, and two college wood bat parks, so it is probably safe to say that there were a number of schools out looking.

After our first game, coaches from a local D2 were talking to our HC about their interest in one of our 2023's.

Coaches from one of the JUCO's had their eye on the 2023 pitcher we faced in the second game. I've talked to the coaches before at games, and he asked me if I had ever seen this pitcher before. I hadn't, but another parent told them he had and said he was always a tough competitor. He pitched well and CubsSon took the loss.

After the game a D3 coach approached our son and they had a good conversation. It was a program 2024 had emailed with some video but had never heard back from. You never know...

Last edited by CubsFanInSTL