Skip to main content

Reply to "Noncommited 23's"

@baseballhs posted:

And this is happening too.  I think you base a lot of things on your son and where he is or the programs he was involved in.  First, I don't think most of these coaches see themselves as bad guys and maybe they aren't, but some ARE snakes, and not a few.  Yes, hard choices, but there are ways to do things that give guys a shot to move on.  We cut a junior 2 weeks ago.  Had they cut him over the summer, he would have been able to enter the portal and move on, instead, he can only go to a D2 now if he wants to play in the spring....he is stuck in a lease, etc.  (By the way this is a kid who pitched in the Cape last summer, was a major contributor to the team that went to the championship, and D1 baseball did a write up on him). We also cut a sophomore 2 weeks ago, now he can't play in the spring unless its a JUCO.  Coaches have choices, great, give kids options too. It's not isolated.  We were very involved in the showcase circuit and know a ton of top 100 ranked 2019, 2020, 2021s.  My information is current and although it may not be everywhere it IS widespread.  Even mid majors that get been top 25 have done similar things.  I have a million antidotal stories...people can take them with a grain of salt or maybe be cautious.  I don't understand why any of us would lie about this, so acting like we are misinformed just doesn't make sense. if you are part of a program that doesn't operate this way, you are blessed and I would say that is an opportunity you should take.

So you think because this happens at your son's program, that it happens everywhere?   Maybe very much where you are. It's a shame.

I stand by what I posted, some guys aren't very good at roster management.

I think I am familiar with enough current and former players to know what goes on at many programs. I have many friends whose sons played, are now coaches themselves or employed with ML teams.  These guys come from all different types of successful programs. The ones that did it the right way and still do.  That's why their former guys are successful.