Skip to main content

Reply to "Noncommited 23's"

@adbono posted:

All that is true. However, turning around a program that is a perennial loser is a process. One exceptional player doesn’t do it. It takes a few good recruiting classes stacked on top of one another. Typically it’s a 3-5 year time frame.

Exactly. Then the player runs the risk of that coach leaving to jump up another level. My son chose a coach who turned a mid major and a P5 into winners. He left in the middle of my son’s college experience for a lot of money to attempt to return a former perennial powerhouse to glory.

My son didn’t like the new coach. But that coach was fast tracking from top ranked program assistant to head coach to ranked program coach.

I hope no one from this region takes this as an insult. My son also isn’t from a baseball hotbed. But where would any coach on the rise prefer to coach and recruit? The Midwest or in a Southern or Western baseball hot bed? If a program is on the rise in a less than ideal location for recruiting you run the risk of the coach not being there by the time you graduate.

Last edited by RJM