Skip to main content

Reply to "NorCal East National Team Filling up fast!"

quote:
Originally posted by CenPAPete:
quote:
Originally posted by 20dad:
just curious, are you from california? do you have the same coaching philosophy? if not why be affiliated?
can you tell us a little bit about your program?

20dad
We are affiliated because our association with the NorCal program gives us an outstanding resource for:
1. Tournament qualification
2. College recruitment contacts
3. Pro Scout resources
4. We have a director and principle from the NorCal program to help us develope our program jumping the learning curve by many years.

The topic looked interesting, but I am sorry but I have to ask the questions.

Why would you need to be associated with a program that is across the country that draws from a totally different base of players and that has a very dominating reputation?

Just having the name, Norcal will not provide you with the resources that will make your program successful in the arena that they play in, it also will not draw the players of the same caliber in the numbers they do, nor will it sustain the interest of the coaches and scouts unless you do so.

From your web site, it looks like you have never played in an event south of Virginia, I noticed that you are planning to play with the big boys in California in front of west coast colleges and scouts, that will be a interesting eye opener for your program, I remember hearing even East Cobb did not do well when they traveled to the west coast a couple of years ago.

It is nice to dream, but to try to capitalize on players joining your organization with an organization’s name if you can’t produce the same product does not look right for the players and families. JMO
Last edited by 4theloveofthegame