Skip to main content

Reply to ""Northern" college baseball"

Branson Baseball posted:

Some say weather shouldn’t be a factor in a kid’s college baseball decision.

IMHO, it’s just one of many, many factors. And it’s weighting in the overall process varies by kid. 

It was no big deal to my oldest coming out of high school. After a couple years up north, weather became a much bigger factor in the transfer destination.  

We saw him play in Mississippi, Texas, California, Nevada, Virginia...but never on his home field at his original school. Weather wreaked havoc on practice and game schedules. 

Son grew up here in NW Ohio so he was used to cold (sometimes snowy) Spring weather, as HS practice starts here not long after the college spring season gets started.  He actually played HS games here that started about the same time as his current first college home game.  When my son was "targeting" future schools while in HS, I constantly asked him if he wanted to expand his search further south.  He didn't....he went about 3 hours South with his search.... schools as far south as Kentucky...but no further.  As it ended up, he went North....though only about 25 miles 

Last edited by Buckeye 2015