Skip to main content

Reply to "Not going to panic"

quote:
Originally posted by LOVINGIT:
This recruiting stuff is really a challenge. One minute they are interested, next minute they disappear with no explanation. When is it too late to think about being recruited and maybe just start looking to walk on somewhere. Senior season is around the corner and I am prepared to tell my son to not worry about the recruitment process and just concentrate on his season now. Feedback is welcome.

I agree with the advice you are considering for your son as his Senior season nears. Hopefully he has prepared well and is good to go.

As someone said earlier, luck plays a part in this and hopefully yours will change soon.

I'm wondering why he apparently played for an 18U ECB Team the summer before his Senior year? The reason I ask is that recruiters aren't looking at those guys as most of the players would have already signed. Most ECB players would have player on maximum exposure 17U teams???

I would have him e-mail interested Coaches and mail his HS schedule while encouraging them to watch him play. Hopefully, he will have some good results which he can forward.

If nothing happens, then JUCO would be the way to go IMO both academically and from a baseball perspective. In our area, there are some fantastic JUCO programs where he can play, mature and possibly have his D1 option down the road.

The recruiting process is need driven and although his package is good, there are many like him out there so timing can be the factor. Thus, it's important not to stop marketing and being seen.