Skip to main content

Reply to "Not sure what to do"

bballpitcher32 - welcome to the hsbbweb!

I am confident there is a place for you at the next level if you are willing to work to find the opportunity. Do not wait for the phone to ring. Start contacting every coach in your area or within reasonable driving distance and see if they would be willing to give you a tryout or alternatively come see you pitch this fall. If that does not work, expand your search. Also, attend any camps or showcases that your have the resources to attend. Use the feedback from any event you attend to refine your search list. jemaz and Infield08 offer good advice. Also, each coach you speak to, ask them if they are aware of any other opportunities that might be available.

Here is a story I have told before but I like telling it so....

Jeff was on my son's high school team and did not make varsity until he was a senior. He was 5'6" tall and 150 lbs. He was left-handed but threw in the low 80's. When I talked to him that spring, I asked his plans after high school and he told me he had already signed up with the Air Force. As the season went along, our team started to go deep in the high school playoffs. Jeff all of a sudden started to get calls and offers from colleges to come and play baseball at the D3 level. He tried to get out of his Air Force commitment but it was too late. He said in hindsight, he wished he would have had more faith in himself.

You have plenty of time, now get busy.