Skip to main content

Reply to "Not sure what to do"

quote:
Originally posted by bballpitcher32:
im 5'7", 155
RHP
fastball is 82-84,(velocity is still increasing)
my curve, change up, and sinker all vary 74-76

i havent contacted any schools because i thought my size would not get me anywhere, but i get hitters out and get a lot of strike outs.

i went to the ucla camp just to get some experience, my parents now want to find colleges that would be in my range, considering my size

No my coaches havent contacted any schools

Everyone tells me im too small but im a very consistent pitcher with lots of movement on my pitches

The people telling you that you are too small may be the ones who just don't recruit smaller players. This is a tough process and it's all about finding the right fit, and I agree that the first priority should be about going to school and earning your degree. But if going to play baseball where ever you attend is also a priority, that's fine. You live in an area where it is very competitive, so if you are a senior, you have alot of work cut out for you.
First you have to sit down with your folks and decide where you can go, that includes finances, can you go play out of state or do you wish to remain close to home, those are things you have to figure out before you begin your seach. And yes, it is very hard to give advice over the internet without ever seeing someone play.
One thing, you do have to know how to pitch, regardless of your velocity, but you need to seek out those who need what you have to offer, regardless of size, velocity, etc.
Best of luck.