Skip to main content

Reply to "Not that ED"

I thought about calling the FA folks directly today (Admissions gave us his card when we visited) but I did not want to call until I had more of a sense of confirmation between son/coach.  

Here is how my conversation with son went yesterday:

Me - "we need to start thinking about a more solid plan B, there are a couple of showcases coming up with some of your schools attending"

Son - "why would I do that?"

Me - "we'll, it's been a while since we talked to XXX, and we haven't heard back, I think that ship might have sailed."

Son - "what are you talking about, I just got an email from the coach about applying ED" 

I have no idea why he wouldn't lead with that info when he got in the car.  He replied to the coach with the correct questions about applying ED with coaches support and a spring roster spot for confirmation purposes.  I told him to just call the coach but he wanted to discuss with his guidance counselor today and then call (he was working on his common app which was what prompted his last communication with coach - "hey coach, I'm working on my application and there are questions about applying ED, wanted to touch base with you..." or something like that). 

He did all of that without me bugging him about it (even though I really wanted to bug him) so I'm going to see if he can finish up today on his own.