Skip to main content

Reply to "Notre Dame 2021"

12whitesox12 posted:

Thank you for all of your great answers. I am planning on focusing most of my attention from late June on until the next baseball season on learning as much about recruiting as I can and getting bigger, stronger, and faster in the weight room. Would it be smart to do this and introduce myself with an email to Coach Aoki at Notre Dame a couple of months before I attend a prospect camp next year, or should I send him an introductory email this summer? As mentioned before, I wasn't able to try out for any big travel teams in my area, so the team I am on now is kind of a last minute thing. We are only attending one PG tournament and it is the Super 25 Super-qualifier. I was planning on attending the ND camp and other various camps/showcases the summer of my sophomore year. Is this too late? I also know how hard it will be. I am ready for that. I am willing to do whatever it takes to earn a spot at ND. However, if all doesn't work out in my favor, I am a fan of many Big Ten schools' programs and some mid-major schools like NIU or UIC. My ultimate goal is to play baseball for as long as possible and I would be forever indebted to any college willing to give me a chance to play at the next level.

You can send an email to Coach.  But all you will get is a letter explaining when they can contact you and a camp invite, which It seems you are planning to attend.

Coaches are looking for players who can contribute and stay eligible. It is early in the process, keep working hard in the classroom, in the gym and on the field.

Maybe in a few years you can help them, they switched conferences for football and the baseball team is pretty meh, IMO.

And as Branson Baseball has said, have fun!