Skip to main content

Reply to "Notre Dame"

quote:
Originally posted by cbg:
If Notre Dame could just get the Catholic kids that attend Catholic schools they would have a top 25 program most every season. The problem with Notre Dame is that the academics while great are difficult and some kids have never worked very hard in the classroom, the weather in the Spring is not the best and it is a tough type of town. For kids that want a great education, wish to have religion around them every day, play baseball at a high level and don't mind making sacrafices it's a great place. Let's be honest and say that to win at Notre Dame you must recruit the overacheiver type of kid and throw in one or two really good kids.

@cbg..I agree with your thought process. You are right that student-athletes who got a predominantly Catholic way of life/education are more apt to succeed in this type of program because they are used to the lifestyle. Now, you also need to be a special student-athlete to enter the Irish world.
One of RR23JR's former teammate will be a RHP there this year. 2 sport athlete, leader, great in classroom and community....

@PG Staff..I am so sorry to hear about Coach Shrage's wife. RR23JR got an email from him last year. Where is he coaching now? I know Coach Aoki will stabilize the program. Saw some coaching staff in the AZ Senior/Junior Fall Classics.

RR23 Smile