Skip to main content

Reply to "Notre Dame Football"

Put yourself in Kelly's spot, Would you have done different? Would you have sacrificed your families lifelong financial well-being and your professional dream for 80 kids who will be gone, and for the most part out of your life in 3 years or less?

If yes, you would do different, then the Univ of Cinci is your retirement village.

Put yourself in the ND AD's spot, Would you have done different? If you were the CEO of a top 10 corp and the R&D group reported that you would lose the patents on new products unless they could be secured promptly, and the bean counter said future years like the past are not acceptable, and the Sales Dept predicted that a sudden earth shaking news flash would be the best thing for future profits. Would you postpone that hiring decision for a more "pc" time?

If yes, you would do different, then that golden dome over your office may be replaced with golden arches.

I do see the method behind Kelly's and ND maddness. Do I like it....personally no, but, it's their business and not mine. If this hiring scenario were to happen at Freakin U, not a post would be mentioned on this site but the same number of players lives would be affected.

IMO, The monster was created and supported by the media and ever growing alumni numbers with deep pockets, loud voices, and selfish values.

In baseball it also happens at all levels, but to different degrees. From LL's to travel teams to HS, to college to pros there will always be someone trying to buy/steal the top rung. As parents we can use these examples as a tool to teach our kids that the world is not a bed of roses but if you give 110% on and off the field, be your own person, respect others, you will succeed, and have a good chance of beating the system on your terms.
Last edited by rz1