Skip to main content

Reply to "Notre Dame Prospects Camp"

SDR, I have no particular issue with an assessment of the Camp.

You recently wrote in glowing terms of HeadFirst and not so much glowing about Stanford.

At no time did you drag individual coaches and names into the assessments, especially as it relates to the Stanford Camp. Your perspectives were subjective and personal (as they related to the experience and reception of your son).  But they focused on facts about each Camp (with the plus side you saw for your son and the downside you saw for him rather than naming specific coaches and how they may have interacted in a positive way or negative way through the camp process. )That is what this site is all about.

In my view, this thread went way beyond the camp. This thread  got very personal about the coach.

Personally, I think it is nuts to continually read about the $$$$ parents are spending with the "vision"  of getting their son recruited to a likely 25% (probably less in the vast majority of situations). In most situations, even the 25% is not guaranteed and in at least 1/3 of the situations, the 25% is gone after one year and so is the player.

Some parents want to revile in the process in which they all appear to be willing "victims," I don't have a big issue in them posting about their "angst" with the process while they fork over the $$$$.  My view is your comments have in focus one of the "culprits" and you give them a pass.

This site has never been a place for  critical comments of a specific coach of the type provided in this thread, including  advocating for that specific college coach to be fired (until now).

I think, personally, this is a bad day for the HSBBW if this now sets the bar for what is permissible posting.

Last edited by infielddad