Skip to main content

Reply to "November of Senior Year in HS"

The Top D3’s that usually compete for a National Championship are right now competing for the top D1 drop downs.  That is the up to the minute update in 2020.  Some very high level Power 5 recruited freshman have been cut in the last few weeks from their D1 and are weighing their options as to whether enroll at a JUCO or a D3.

I guarantee you, most D3 recruiting coordinators are way more excited about some kid that just got cut from LSU or Vanderbilt than any high school Senior.

”Go where you are loved” is more important than ever.  “Go where you will love the school regardless of Baseball” is equally important.

If you are a borderline D2/D3 guy, you are a D3 guy.

Great advice: “Go where you are loved”.
My son was at a PBR as a sophomore at a NAIA school which was hosting and the coach there had a great speech that I over heard. I think it may have sunk in to my son at least. He said: “Every one wants to play D1. I get it, but it’s rarely. Most players who play college baseball don’t play D1. 2). Go to a school you want to got to college for first, play baseball second. Or least 50/50. If you got there just going to play baseball, you maybe disappointed. Make sure it’s a good fit for you and what you want to study. 3). Make sure the coach wants you. If you have a choice between two schools, go to the school where the HC coach wants you the most. (Actually was a BIG determining factor where he signed). It will make a difference. 4). Is playing time important to you? You will get more playing time on a D3 school rather than the last recruit on a D2 team. 5). Finally, he talked about NAIA college baseball..differences and similarities with NCAA.
Actually was good for us parents to hear also.