Skip to main content

Reply to "November through May"

@Francis7 posted:

I could see that situation. Actually, since my son is a junior, I can tell you what I see now. 

I see the 2022s going mid-major D1 or higher committing now or they are already committed. We saw a bunch of them coming off the board in August and September. And, it seems like those who are more likely to be lower end D1 (or hopeful of maybe mid-major D1 still) are uncommitted and waiting to see what happens with offers (and the impact on the process due to COVID-19, school funding issues and the NCAA giving everyone an extra year, etc.).

But, for those "waiting" kids, if they have done their homework and looked at all the possible landing spots within their personal D1 options, and eliminated most of them because of "whatever" (price, strength of program/conference, lack of interest in him from school), and they have an offer from a D2 that is an excellent opportunity, do they commit now even though it's 9 to 12 months earlier than "normal"? Or do they continue to wait because it's not the norm to commit D2 until the September of your senior year?

I’m not on the front lines of recruiting so this is a guess. Under the current circumstances I’m guessing any position player who doesn’t have an offer from a top 200 D1 program is a C or D option if another player doesn’t commit. Pitchers are like Jello. There’s always room for pitchers.