Skip to main content

Reply to "Now that he's Made the College Team?"

We made 54 of 63 games. Mid-week games would see us glued to the TV or the internet. It is nerve racking to me to listen to the games on the internet. Sometimes I would have to walk away from the broadcast and do something else. I don’t know why.
We made all the weekend series except one (North Carolina). We did not make any mid-week games because or the distance. Here’s a typical weekend… On most of the weekend trips, we would bring his girlfriend with us. He and his girlfriend would usually take in a movie or dinner on Friday night after the game. Being an early riser, I would go to his apartment early Saturday and pick up his vehicle, fill it up, wash it, and return it to his apartment before he got up. We would all eat breakfast (brunch) together on Saturday mid-morning before he had to go to the ballpark. Saturday afternoons/evenings were usually a get together where some parents and 6 or 8 players would congregate for a cookout, or sometime we would all meet for hot wings. Few events were planned but there was usually something to do. Some weekends the booster club would plan events too. The booster club could invite the parents to their events but they couldn’t directly invite the players. Parents could bring the players. This is the only way the boosters get to associate with the players. Sunday morning we at breakfast together, then he had to be at the field at 11:00 for the 1:30 game time. We would meet right after the game for a burger and then we were off for the seven hour drive. We would arrive home about midnight. All week long we would prepare for the next weekend. Big Grin
Fungo

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Last edited {1}