Skip to main content

Reply to "Now What?"

Alright everybody, just wanting to give a quick update and a few quick questions. 

Our team finished 11th out of 12 teams for the 2018 class. We didn't do that good, but that's alright as our team was a really great group of guys. I did pretty well, I think I got 6 hits over 5 games, and I got named to the All-Tournament team. It was a really great experience for me, as it was crazy to see the culture of college recruiters. All of them just sitting behind the backstop, there were even maybe 30 of them at a 2017 game, just watching. Plus I got my new best 60 - 6.75!

So, again, now what do I do? The schools I'm targeting are D2s and a few D3s, but from what I've heard I shouldn't be reaching out to D3s until next summer since that's when they do their recruiting. My top 2 schools are Northwest Nazarene and Saint Martins, both in the GNAC... when do D2s begin their recruiting? It's to my understanding I should continue to email them to show my interest, but again I just don't know what to tell them. In addition, are their recruiting guidelines/rules different than D1? Can they respond to my emails?