Skip to main content

Reply to "NTIS?"

Catcherdad posted:

If your son does not have to do all the tryouts (and you do not have to spend the $), it is an experience for your son. Once is probably enough if your budget allows for it.   As others said it seems 99% of the team is pre-selected and certain regions are very well represented 

I'll continue to advocate for all to consider the opportunity cost. If you have $X to spend, should it be spent on this process, or spent on your PerfectGame (or PBR) strategy as you continue to support your son in the college recruitment process?

If college recruiting is the goal, then I'd argue that PG showcase program is a far better way to expose your son to the college recruiter marketplace, both regional and national events, and the ideal place to spend that $X. BTW: the "experience" can be garnered at these events as well, e.g., building acquaintances, participating in a high level of activity, etc. 

We were lucky enough to be able to afford both avenues, and my son participated in the 13U event in Cary where he made friends, one of whom became a Canes teammate this past Fall. On the other hand, he's made friends throughout his PG showcase travels.

In retrospect, if I had a chance to do it all over again, I'd forget the whole NTIS thing. Waste. Of. Time. And Time is the greatest resource of all.