Skip to main content

Reply to "NTIS?"

Ohio Dad posted:

For me it would depend on how far you are having to travel, and how much the rest of the trip will cost you.  If it is local, and wouldn't cost much for hotels, travel, etc., then I would just go, not expecting much, and enjoy some reps.  If getting there/staying there would be costly, I would not make the effort.  Looking back on the process, my son ended up playing at the college level.  However, all the work, cost, and stress the process brought, was not necessary to get him where he wanted to be.  I would never give back the memories and friendships of him playing travel ball for seven Summers, and doing the camps, but would do it differently if I were to do it again.  Son is now starting to question if he wants to continue with college ball.  The constant politics, not understanding coaching decisions, huge time costs of playing, and basically not having a life outside of school and ball, has him considering a different way to compete.  Good luck with the process, it will rarely make sense (unless your kid is 6'4" hits constant bombs, or throws 90+) 

Ohio Dad,
For the travel and hotel: five-hour drive and two nights at a hotel.

Since we're taking the approach to have fun in the moment, I'm hopeful the trip will just be a good baseball experience. A rep at Keep Playing Baseball had mentioned that if you go without thinking of it as a recruiting trip, it can be a worthwhile event.

What would you have done differently in the journey? My 2022 son is definitely not 6'4" (so he'll have to prove he CAN make it, rather than prove he can't).

Last edited by johnlanza