Skip to main content

Reply to "Number of College Baseball Programs By State"

Both my kids were born in the LA area. We lived in the area long enough my daughter remembers a lot about being little there. Both kids were essentially raised in a suburb of Philadelphia. After meeting with a couple of college softball coaches in the Boston area, we were standing in a parking lot in 20 degree weather. My daughter asked, "What the hell were you thinking when you moved the family from LA? Does this look like UCSB?" She went to college and played softball in FL. She swore she was never coming back. She's now in law school in Philadelphia.

Between two kids and eight years of high school baseball/softball I only remember one spring being insufferably cold in mid March to mid April.

Note: It's 10 degrees colder and winter is at least a month longer in Boston v. Philadelphia. I once watched GT play BC on a 20 degree wind chill day. Someone asked if the GA people were cold. I told the person on a windy 20 degree wind chill day everyone is cold.

The one benefit of BCs crappy facility is the football stadium high rise parking lot overlooks the baseball field. Fans can sit in running cars and watch baseball.
Last edited by RJM