Skip to main content

Reply to "ODAC baseball"

@VA_Mom posted:

Thank you for asking.  He's a RHP at a D3 that is a better academic fit for him (and monetary fit for mom & dad!)  W&L is a fantastic school but we would not have qualified for any financial aid.

His grades are good, he really likes his team and teammates.  The team will most likely finish 2nd in their conference (they have to see how one other team does this coming weekend.)  They were ranked earlier this season, dropped out when they had a couple of lopsided loses against two other conference teams, but they still have a very good chance at winning their conference tournament.  We are very close and my husband and I have enjoyed going to most of their games.  The other parents have been super welcoming and we haven't heard any negative gossip in the stands.

My son's adjustment to college has had some bumps - mostly in his confidence and as a result, he has only had minimal playing time.  He's been doing much better in his bullpen (received a very encouraging text from his coach), he has a solid summer plan and is feeling optimistic for his chances next school year.

That’s great that he ended up in a place he’s happy with and that works for you as well.   Sounds like you had a chance to  enjoy as a spectator which is a terrific gift. Adjusting to FY in college seems like it’s a challenge for almost every young athlete, glad your son weathered it and is looking forward to a bright future.