Skip to main content

Reply to "ODAC baseball"

@Wechson posted:

I suspect Coach is just looking to tie a top-tier southern university to a top-tier program.  Both aren’t really debatable in the macro sense.  As for recruiting and academic eligibility, I have no idea so won’t defend that, have no reason to not believe what you’re saying is accurate ( as an aside the singular least bright kid who ever worked for me played lacrosse at Duke).  

Maybe Coach should simply add, “Only W&L’s academic admission standards are more rigorous for athletes” because that would certainly be the truth.  As has been stated here many times before, HA D3 maybe the hardest route to college athletics there is.

The top HA D3’s often have lower acceptance rates than HA D1’s. A lot of the same kids who apply to larger schools also apply to the D3’s which are typically small enrollment.

My son looked up Bowdoin when he was in high school. My family pressured the kids to be sixth generation after I broke the string. His reaction to Bowdoin,  “They have less students than my high school!”

He was just curious. He went D1. So did my daughter (softball).

Last edited by RJM