Skip to main content

Reply to "Offer experiences"

@PitchingFan posted:

We had a mixture of those who made offers with a time limit from as low as 24 hours to no time limit.  We never pushed back but I know those who did with mixed results.  One got an offer from dream school with a week's notice and told them he was going to wait an extra week and they told him no thank you and moved on.  Sounds cold but remember unless you are the man there is always another man.  We were told point blank by a couple schools for both sons that we had 24 hours to give them an answer.  They were considering 2 guys and son was number 1 but if not interested they would move on to number 2.  Didn't take either but did let them know within the 24 hour time period so that they would not have to make the decision for us.

The only way we would have put a different time frame out there would have been an emergency.  I think you need to know what you want and how much you will waiver from what you want from every school considered.

I know college baseball is a business but 24 hours is rough. This is my big concern.  It's still very early for him.  He's got a shortlist of about a dozen schools but only visited one so far.  We've definitely got more homework to do...