Skip to main content

Reply to "Offer experiences"

@Zanzibar posted:

Curious if you noticed any changes post-commitment.  I'm not worried about my son letting off the gas once he accepts an offer.  He's self-driven like I assume most kids in his position are.  But do worry a bit about the added stress of having to "live up to" being committed early and all the pressures and social dynamics that might come along with it.       

Post-commitment he has kept his foot on the gas, and actually increased his drive academically given some specific academic goals the school highlighted for him.  I did tell him pre-commitment that once he commits he will now have a target on his back.  That will be true both around the HS and on every baseball field.  He said he has always felt that he had a target on his back, that he likes the high expectations/people "gunning" for him, so not much will change.  He isn't one to seek the spotlight, but has not issue with it being on him.  But, I think it is important to be mindful of the potential stress depending upon the player's personality.