Skip to main content

Reply to "Offering Information"

quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
Mendozaline

I answer their questions---their is no confidentiality involved ---he plays for our program --I want the kid to have the best shot he can have in the right place and have the coach fully aware of what type of person he is getting--all this PC garbage is not even in my picture--

Let me give you an example---I had a player a few years back who was Latino and I got a call from a college in the midwest about him-- their entire team was blond and freckle faced---get the picture--I asked the coach if he realized that the young man he was talking to me about was Latino----silence on the other end of the line-- I told him I am not sending the young man out there where he will be totally out of place-- he was the only person in his household who spoke english ---is this PC I doubt it---BUT---the kid could have gone there and been totally lost---we care about our kids and their futures--

Does that answer your concerns?

What right did you have to potentially adversely impact that young man's option that he had earned.
Didn't he deserve to discuss the situation with that college coach and make the decision if it was a "fit" or not.
For me it is hard to fathom someone saying that "he plays on our program...there is no confidentiality."
For me, that is an amazing post.