Skip to main content

Reply to "Offering Information"

quote:
Originally posted by Catfish:

You cannot make decisions like you did based on race. The player should have been the one to decide whether or not he wanted that opportunity. If my son's coaches had said that about him, he would never have gotten the opportunities he has had. My son has been the only Black on most of the teams that he has played on for most of his life. It was up to us, his parents, to prepare him to feel comfortable and be able to interact well with players of other races. I can't tell you how many times during summer and fall ball seasons my son was the only Black person on the team and therefore, one of the four players sharing a double bedroom at a hotel on the road. Because Brian McCann and my son hit it off well, Brian always wanted my son as one of the four in his room. Kids will adjust. It is us, as grown-ups, that seemingly have the problem.

Very touching post! TR may try to help the kid, but what he said to the other coach is absolutely unacceptable. The other coach went silence was not because he agree with TR, it is because if the other coach responsed to such remark about race and being caught by the media, he could easily lose his job. Just like years ago, the old University of Oklahoma coach who "praised" a black player with good intention and got fired during the season. American people won't tolerate such remark no matter where you live!
Last edited by coachbwww