Skip to main content

Reply to "Offering Information"

quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
Perhaps we go a bit too far in your eyes but we consider ourselves to be somewhat of a "guidance counseler" as well as a coach

Be a guidance counselor and guide him, do not speak on his behalf.

You came on here explaining something that you did and maybe in your attempt to do so you may have misinterpreted yourself which leads people to other conclusions. All you needed to do was explain that it may have come off as wrong, but you had all good intentions for helping the player. But I understand that is very difficult for you to do, instead it becomes an issue that we don't know the circumstances and we don't know what we are talking about. Then instead of half a story, maybe the whole would have been more appropriate.

I understand your concerns. I live in an area with a very diverse culture, it is not for everyone, I have been here for 30 years, it grew on me, it's part of my life and my kids life, so where ever they would go they are used to diversity and can exist anywhere. I have had a few websters who have asked me about UM, before their visits, what was my opinion, and my suggestion is and always will be, you need to come visit and have your son decide for himself if this is the right "fit' and discuss that with the coaches. I never eluded to the fact that it may be different than what they are accustomed to, that is their choice. One parent said their son just loved it, was a new experience. For others it wasnot a good "fit". We all don't really know what a good fit is my son decided it was not a good "fit" for him either. But HE decided, not us. that's the point and we are his parents.
Last edited by TPM