Skip to main content

Reply to "Offers"

Texas 2 Sons posted:

My 2019 has a D1 school (5 hours away) that is really interested in him. They want him to come to their camp this next sat and the coach texted him and said he would be glad he came. Going on the assumption this means an offer is coming. This is a school that is in the town we moved away from 2 years ago. He would prefer not to play at this school because of the town. We are considering going and getting the offer anyway because you never know. There's several that say they're interested in him, but haven't made an offer and thinking this might provide motivation.  My question is would this be something you would suggest or not? Thx for the responses.

I deleted my response since you edited your post.

My opinion only, if your son has no intention of attending, not sure I would advise a trip just to get an offer because you feel that would motivate other coaches to make offers. 

It doesn't work that way usually. If those other programs want your son to play for them, the will make an offer regardless of whatever happens with other coaches.  

However,  consider the fact that this could be the one and only offer he might receive.

Do what's best for your son and family, nothing else matters.

JMO

Last edited by TPM