Skip to main content

Reply to "Offers"

Buckeye 2015 posted:

If your son is at a D1, I think you'll find that most of his time is spent on campus....either school, practice, working out, games etc or traveling for out of town games.  The amount of time he'll have to interact "in town" is going to be minimal.  My son is at a D1 that is in what most would call a "college town"....and the amount of time he spent doing things in town (at least his first two years) was very, very minimal...there just isn't time.    I would say this....would he like the school/coach/program if not for the town?  If so, go to the camp and see what happens. 

I really liked this advice when I read it.  It said the school was "top 10" so one can only assume that it has some positive attributes.  If there are a few possible issues as it relates to the city, then it could be easy to get a better feel for whether those issues come into play when the kid is on campus, in part by attending the camp and having additional discussions - maybe an unofficial visit in the fall.  If those issues are simply too large to begin with, then drop the school from your list altogether and move on.