Skip to main content

Reply to "Offers & Committing"

Francis,

Not my son.  Not even by a long shot.  He thought his first school was his dream school, but when we started looking into their academic programs it was not a match for his intended major.   Clearly, he was not on the same page with his Mom & Dad as far as what "dream school" meant.   We had to redefine "dream school".   We didn't make that mistake again.

There are many ways to look at offers.  My son and I talked about this at length when he first started talking to coaches....offers are a way to understand your value to a coach at a point in time.   College is also very expensive, and my son had skin in the game.   My 16 year old son understood the gravity of the situation and wanted to make sure he picked the right school where he could also play baseball...overall it took him 20 months to find the right situation.  He had his share of offers, and I'm so glad it took him a while to get the right offer.  He definitely worked for it.

BTW Good Knight...I do believe in love at first sight, but I don't believe in committing to a college baseball program at first site!  

Good luck Francis!   Just our experience....