Skip to main content

Reply to "Offers & Committing"

2021CatcherDad,

I 100% agree with JCGs and anotehrparents comments.   I will go so far as to say they haven’t committed anything of substance, so I wouldn’t view this as anything more than a convenience to them.  I’m a big believer in quid pro quo in recruiting…you have to be getting something of value back.   Your son has given up a lot more than he is receiving back and that bothers me.   You do have options.   It is a matter of deciding if you want to pursue those options.    It’s almost Sept 1 which is when many D3 schools typically get extremely active.   I have seen many people get recruited later and it turned out fantastically for them.   There are plenty of D3 HA schools out there whether you apply ED1, ED2 or RD.  I would go back and touch base with any program your son has reached out to or attended a camp of showcase with.   I would get busy quick.   I know what it is like, but you have to keep moving forward.  Heck my son committed about this time 10 years ago to a D1 which was very late in the recruiting cycle.   We had contingency plans AND we continued to reach out to new programs, always.   We never let up on the recruiting gas pedal until we were absolutely sure (letter from Admissions).

As always, JMO.   Good luck, and let me know if I can help you in any way.