Skip to main content

Reply to "Oh, Shortstopmom-I found it!"

Hobee's--how funny! They make this special blueberry coffee cake, and they donate it in large quantities to all of the local footraces. The promise of Hobee's coffeecake is one of the chief reasons I still run in some of those races! Anyway, I would love play hostess to anyone who wants to come out West(but note conditions in last paragraph of this post).

But, the baseball diet does work well. I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 2 pounds since this time last week.

That anti-stress diet has been around for many years. I don't remember when I first read it, but TO THIS DAY, I ALWAYS think about calorie leakage when I reach for a cookie. I think I have come to believe in it!! I really do believe that all emotional eating should be calorie-free. But, life is not fair sometimes.

When D pitches, I retreat to a private spot in the ballpark (and of course I move to another spot if it proves to not be a "lucky" spot). Woe to anyone who gets in my line of view, talks--to me or anyone else within hearing range--or otherwise interferes with my total concentration. On Sunday a sweet older scout leaning on his cane was sitting near me and started talking to me and of course I had to be polite to him because he was my elder and truly WAS so sweet, even when he asked if D was my grandson. Mad
Last edited by Bordeaux